- Project Name: WestConnex M5 Tunnel
- Project Location: Kingsgrove to new interchange at St Peters
- Contract Value: Under $10,000,000
- Date of Project Commencement: May 2019
- Date of Project Completion: March 2020
The WestConnex M5 Tunnel consisted of approximately 11km of tunneling, with a total of 4 Substations referred to as a MOC. All MOC’s are situated on the surface of the tunnel path starting from Kingsgrove, Bexley, Arncliffe and St Peters.
The length of each of the LV/Jet Fan cabling ranged from 300m to 2km with no in-line joints being installed along cable ladder in its entire length.
The HV installed cables were installed via conduits behind the jersey kerb barriers, completing a ring main circuit of an A & B supply.